Picture of Lake Louise with the Lake Louise Chateau in the foreground
December arrives and with it, the cold and the snow, and the skiing and snowshoeing, and the tobogganing and shoveling. December is an exhilarating month in Canada because the cold invigorates, people are attending Christmas parties and families are getting ready to celebrate Christmas.
Here are some great trivia information about December that you can throw into a conversation if you need an ice-breaker.
- The gemstone for December is Turquoise
- The flower of the month is the Narcissus plant
- The Christmas plant is, of course, the Poinsettia
- In the Northern Hemisphere, Winter Solstice falls on or about December 21 and marks the longest night. It actually arrives at 3:23 PM on Dec. 21 2018.
- Christmas puddings should be made with thirteen ingredients to represent Jesus and his disciples
- On Christmas Eve, all animals can speak
- A clear star-filled sky on Christmas Eve will bring good crops and gardens in the summer
You can also look at last year’s blog about December 1 to get more trivia. https://questers.ca/december-1-2017-remember-december/
Walk in peace!