There are many fun facts about May 1st that you may not know. Here are some things to think about.
1. May 1 represents spring. Spring is known as the time when the fertility is high because of the favorable temperature and a feeling of celebration. Hence, fertility is also celebrated, and young couples are supposed to go for “roll in the hay.” Basically, it is a symbol of increased libido and high sexuality.
2. In Ireland and Scotland, May 1 marks the beginning of summer and the time when cattle are to be driven out to the summer pastures. Beltane is known for bonfires, and it is believed that the smoke and fire has a special power to protect cattle and the crop.
3. The Act of Union joined the Kingdom of England and Kingdom of Scotland to form the Kingdom of Great Britain in 1707.
4. In 1964, the BASIC computer program was used for the first time at Dartmouth University by John G. Kemeny and Thomas E. Kurtz. The name is an acronym for ‘Beginner’s All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code’.
5. According to old superstitions, you should not buy a broom, wash blankets or get married in May: “Marry in May and you’ll rue the day”.
Enjoy this “May Day”!
Walk in peace.
AUTHOR – Judith has been writing spiritual and technical blogs for the last thirteen years. She is a non-traditional shaman who has studied with shaman teachers from different lineages. As well, she has studied and uses Dowsing, Body Talk, EFT, Reiki, Quantum Touch, Hypnotherapy, Angel Karma Techniques, Angel Therapy, and has taught Star Talker Training classes. She is a seer and medium.