September arrives today. Some fun facts:
- September is the first month of the Autumn or Fall season.
- September 1 is the 244th day of the year (245th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 121 days remaining until the end of the year.
- September in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to March in the Southern Hemisphere.
- September is often associated with fire because it was the month of the Roman god Vulcan. Vulcan was the Roman god of fire and the forge.
September in Other Languages
- Chinese (Mandarin) – jiuyuè
- Danish – september
- French – septembre
- Italian – settembre
- Latin – September
- Spanish – septiembre
- Roman: September
- Saxon: Halegmonath (Month of festivals)
- Germanic: Herbst-mond (Autumn month)
Symbols of September
- Birthstone: Sapphire
- Flower: Aster
- Zodiac signs: Virgo and Libra
Questers Fall Conference
- Fall Conference September 28, 29, and 30th, 2018
- Fall Conference will be held at the beautiful, Spruce Hill Resort www.sprucehillresort.com
- More conference information at https://questers.ca/conferences/fall-conference/
What a lovely way to announce the change in the months! Thank you for sharing. – Eliza
Comments are closed.